Ferguson blasts Manchester United players for blowing FA Cup chances
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has slammed his players, saying that he blamed them for blowing their chances of winning the FA Cup.
Ferguson further said that among all the players, only Antonio Valencia reached the expected standard after United crashed out of the competition following a spectacular winning goal by Chelsea`s Demba Ba.
Ferguson, whose side last won the FA Cup in 2004, said that although his squad had faced Ba`s experience when he played for Newcastle United, they still could not fight against him during the match against Chelsea.
Stating that his players were comfortable in the first half of the game, Ferguson said that however Ba`s goal changed the game which, until that moment, was not a threat for United.
The disappointed Scot lamented that his players should have been four up by half time in the previous game, adding that they were too rushed and lacked the composure to create openings in the match against Chelsea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains of Amma brought to Rajaji Hall
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what