Ferguson blasts Manchester United players for blowing FA Cup chances
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has slammed his players, saying that he blamed them for blowing their chances of winning the FA Cup.
Ferguson further said that among all the players, only Antonio Valencia reached the expected standard after United crashed out of the competition following a spectacular winning goal by Chelsea`s Demba Ba.
Ferguson, whose side last won the FA Cup in 2004, said that although his squad had faced Ba`s experience when he played for Newcastle United, they still could not fight against him during the match against Chelsea.
Stating that his players were comfortable in the first half of the game, Ferguson said that however Ba`s goal changed the game which, until that moment, was not a threat for United.
The disappointed Scot lamented that his players should have been four up by half time in the previous game, adding that they were too rushed and lacked the composure to create openings in the match against Chelsea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch