Former Manchester United players in India
New Delhi: Former Manchester United footballers Denis Joseph Irwin and Quinton Fortune will be in the Capital when Chelsea hosts the Premier League champions at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The two footballers will be participating in an event to be held here and Mumbai on the day of the match.
Adding to the excitement for all football fans in India, Irwin and Fortune will also be showcasing the original 19th Premier League Championship trophy which Manchester United won in 2010-11.
Irwin is best known for his long and successful stint at Manchester United, where he established himself as one of the most important players in the team, which won a host of domestic and European trophies in his time there between 1990 and 2002.
Quinton Fortune is a South African footballer who has represented a number of European clubs – specifically Manchester United. He has earned 53 caps for South Africa, including playing in the 1998 and the 2002 World Cups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO