Former Manchester United players in India
New Delhi: Former Manchester United footballers Denis Joseph Irwin and Quinton Fortune will be in the Capital when Chelsea hosts the Premier League champions at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The two footballers will be participating in an event to be held here and Mumbai on the day of the match.
Adding to the excitement for all football fans in India, Irwin and Fortune will also be showcasing the original 19th Premier League Championship trophy which Manchester United won in 2010-11.
Irwin is best known for his long and successful stint at Manchester United, where he established himself as one of the most important players in the team, which won a host of domestic and European trophies in his time there between 1990 and 2002.
Quinton Fortune is a South African footballer who has represented a number of European clubs – specifically Manchester United. He has earned 53 caps for South Africa, including playing in the 1998 and the 2002 World Cups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption