Former Manchester United players in India
New Delhi: Former Manchester United footballers Denis Joseph Irwin and Quinton Fortune will be in the Capital when Chelsea hosts the Premier League champions at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The two footballers will be participating in an event to be held here and Mumbai on the day of the match.
Adding to the excitement for all football fans in India, Irwin and Fortune will also be showcasing the original 19th Premier League Championship trophy which Manchester United won in 2010-11.
Irwin is best known for his long and successful stint at Manchester United, where he established himself as one of the most important players in the team, which won a host of domestic and European trophies in his time there between 1990 and 2002.
Quinton Fortune is a South African footballer who has represented a number of European clubs – specifically Manchester United. He has earned 53 caps for South Africa, including playing in the 1998 and the 2002 World Cups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city