Former United defender Kleberson signs MLS deal
Rio de Janeiro: America`s Major League Soccer (MLS) outfit Philadelphia Union have announced the signing of former Manchester United midfielder Kleberson, clearing the way for winger Freddy Adu to join Brazilian top-flight club Bahia.
Kleberson, 33, will join the Union on loan until the end of the season as part of a deal that brings 23-year-old Adu to Bahia on a permanent move.
"Kleberson has had success at the world`s highest level of competition - both on a club and international level - and we hope he can add another dimension to our team," Union team manager John Hackworth said.
Adu, who is understood to still be negotiating the terms of his contract with Bahia officials, must await a work visa before his transfer his complete.
Kleberson made 20 first-team appearances for Manchester United between 2003 and 2005 before spells at Besiktas, Flamengo and Atletico Paranaense. He was also a member of Brazil`s 2002 World Cup-winning team in Japan and South Korea.
Former teenage sensation Adu, once reportedly chased by Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid, last week revealed his hope that the Brazil move would help revive his international career. He earned the last of his 17 international caps for the United States in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!