Germany beat Kazakhstan 4-1 in World Cup qualifier
Berlin: Joachim Loew`s men overcame Kazakhstan 4-1 thanks to a brace by Marco Reus in the World Cup qualifier Group C action in Nuremberg.
The German national football team staged a flawless performance at the first half to score three goals within nine minutes whereas the visitors gave the hosts a hard time at the second half.
The Germans already wrapped up a 3-0 win in Kazakhstan on Friday to put the visitors under pressure. But, they still were able to crave out one goal owing to the slip by goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
The hosts took over from the kick-off to break the deadlock in the 23rd minute when Marco Reus scored with a low shot from 20 metres. Four minutes later, Germany doubled the lead as Mario Goetze tapped in a solo run by Phillip Lahm.
Kazakhstan failed to put up resistance. Consequently Ilkay Guendogan slotted home from goal area following a cross by Mesut Oezil to make it three in the 31st minute.
With beginning of the second half Kazakhstan`s Heinrich Schmidtgal capitalised on a slip by Germany keeper Manuel Neuer, who lost control of the ball inviting Schmidtgal to slot into the open goal in the 46th minute. The Germans were shocked; nonetheless they were able to come through Kazakhstan`s harmless attacks as Marco Reus sealed the 4-1 win with his brace in the 90th minute.
"We staged a good first half to score three goals against a defensive opponent. At the second half our concentration and passing accuracy decreased. However, we have to score more goals at the second half," Germany coach Loew said.
Germany occupies first position with 16 points in Group C followed by Austria, with an eight point gap, Ireland, Kazakhstan and Faroe Islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened