Giggs says 13th Premier League title will be his sweetest
London: Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs has congratulated teammate Paul Scholes for his goal against QPR, and believes that they are closer to the 13th title medal, which could be the sweetest of the lot.
Coach Sir Alex Ferguson also hailed Scholes for putting United on the brink of another title
Giggs said it will be a massive achievement if Manchester United can end a challenging season by retaining their crown, a leading daily reports.
“To win the title would be huge when you look at the spending power of Manchester City. You had to give credit to City at the start of the season as they were playing well and scoring lots of goals,” he said.
“Their key players were performing and they have a great squad, so even if they were going to get injuries or suspensions they were going to handle it. We just had to hang in there.
“But then there’s injuries we’ve had. We’ve not had the best luck this season — we’ve had injuries to key players such as Vidic and Fletcher. So a lot of credit has to go to the lads who have stepped in,” Giggs said.
The return of fellow golden oldie Scholes has been the catalyst for an amazing run of form by Manchester United, the paper reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical