Giggs says 13th Premier League title will be his sweetest
London: Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs has congratulated teammate Paul Scholes for his goal against QPR, and believes that they are closer to the 13th title medal, which could be the sweetest of the lot.
Coach Sir Alex Ferguson also hailed Scholes for putting United on the brink of another title
Giggs said it will be a massive achievement if Manchester United can end a challenging season by retaining their crown, a leading daily reports.
“To win the title would be huge when you look at the spending power of Manchester City. You had to give credit to City at the start of the season as they were playing well and scoring lots of goals,” he said.
“Their key players were performing and they have a great squad, so even if they were going to get injuries or suspensions they were going to handle it. We just had to hang in there.
“But then there’s injuries we’ve had. We’ve not had the best luck this season — we’ve had injuries to key players such as Vidic and Fletcher. So a lot of credit has to go to the lads who have stepped in,” Giggs said.
The return of fellow golden oldie Scholes has been the catalyst for an amazing run of form by Manchester United, the paper reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok