Guardiola eyeing to succeed Fergie as next Man U boss
London: Former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola reportedly wants the post of manager at Manchester United.
Guardiola, who is on a year’s sabbatical in New York, fancies moving in at Old Trafford when Alex Ferguson retires, who might do so by the end of this season.
If not, Guardiola would be prepared to hold out for another year, The Sun reports.
According to the paper, Fergie and Guardiola are close friends and have met privately in New York.
“The whole history of Manchester United, his relationship with Sir Alex and the way the club is run appeals to Pep,” a source said.
“Right now I’d be astonished if he went to Chelsea. He really wants to wait for the United job even if it means extending his time out of the game,” he added.
Guardiola wants to be able to concentrate on all aspects of the football club without interference from above, the paper said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata