Guardiola eyeing to succeed Fergie as next Man U boss
London: Former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola reportedly wants the post of manager at Manchester United.
Guardiola, who is on a year’s sabbatical in New York, fancies moving in at Old Trafford when Alex Ferguson retires, who might do so by the end of this season.
If not, Guardiola would be prepared to hold out for another year, The Sun reports.
According to the paper, Fergie and Guardiola are close friends and have met privately in New York.
“The whole history of Manchester United, his relationship with Sir Alex and the way the club is run appeals to Pep,” a source said.
“Right now I’d be astonished if he went to Chelsea. He really wants to wait for the United job even if it means extending his time out of the game,” he added.
Guardiola wants to be able to concentrate on all aspects of the football club without interference from above, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today