Guardiola: I want to manage in Premier League
London: Pep Guardiola has put Premier League clubs on red alert after declaring that it is his ambition to manage in England.
The former Barcelona coach has spent this season on a self-imposed sabattical following four years of enormous success at the Catalan club, during which time he won 14 trophies.
And despite being linked with a move to Bayern Munich, the 41-year-old Spaniard has offered hope to his Premier League suitors.
"As a player, I couldn`t realise my dream to play there," Guardiola said in a message to the Football Association.
"But I hope in the future I have a challenge to be a coach or a manager there and feel the experience of all the coaches and players that have been there.
"It is unique, to play in that league. I want to feel the supporters, the environment, the media and the style of the players.
"I am still young, just 41, so I hope in the future I could train there and enjoy that. I have always found English football very fascinating. The support of the home team is amazing.
"In Italy, Latin people will support you when you are playing and when you lose, they kill you. In England, I`m always surprised people always support everything and that is nice. That`s why I hope to have the challenge to train there.
"I had the opportunity to play two finals at Wembley and that`s why my relationship with England is pretty close.
"I played there twice, once as a player when I was 19 and it was my first Champions League as a player, as Barcelona finally won the Champions League. It was a huge honour to play at the old Wembley.
"When I was manager of Barcelona, for our second Champions League in three years, it was a real pleasure to play in the new Wembley.
"Congratulations on this huge anniversary, because 150 years is a lot of years. `Also because they created the rules of football and have a responsibility for the game. They have been important in the development of our beautiful, beautiful game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered