Hobbling Gerrard fears for England future
London: Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard hobbled out of hospital on Sunday with the help of crutches, and his infected ankle in plaster.
Gerrard, who was put on an antibiotic drip, will discover on Tuesday how serious his latest setback is.
But if worst fears come true, he could miss the whole of November which would rule him out of key Premier League games against Manchester City and Chelsea, plus England`s two home matches with Spain and Sweden, a daily reports.
Gerrard, 31, has been plagued by injury problems this year, recently admitting he had doubts whether he would ever be the same force.
He said: "There were times when I was as low as I have ever been. I think it`s only natural that you have doubts and different things do cross your mind from time to time."
Kop boss Kenny Dalglish said: "Will he be fit for England v Spain? I haven`t got a clue. It`s nothing to do with any injuries before, it`s an infection. I suppose it`s like having an abscess on your mouth."
Gerrard`s problems started again last week after he suffered a cut on his ankle in training.
He was kicked in the ankle during a midweek session at their Melwood camp, yet was expected to recover for Saturday`s trip to West Brom.
The Reds talisman made the journey to The Hawthorns but the injury became infected and he had to dash back to Merseyside.
Gerrard spent nearly seven months out earlier this year after groin surgery, which then became infected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India