Hobbling Gerrard fears for England future
London: Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard hobbled out of hospital on Sunday with the help of crutches, and his infected ankle in plaster.
Gerrard, who was put on an antibiotic drip, will discover on Tuesday how serious his latest setback is.
But if worst fears come true, he could miss the whole of November which would rule him out of key Premier League games against Manchester City and Chelsea, plus England`s two home matches with Spain and Sweden, a daily reports.
Gerrard, 31, has been plagued by injury problems this year, recently admitting he had doubts whether he would ever be the same force.
He said: "There were times when I was as low as I have ever been. I think it`s only natural that you have doubts and different things do cross your mind from time to time."
Kop boss Kenny Dalglish said: "Will he be fit for England v Spain? I haven`t got a clue. It`s nothing to do with any injuries before, it`s an infection. I suppose it`s like having an abscess on your mouth."
Gerrard`s problems started again last week after he suffered a cut on his ankle in training.
He was kicked in the ankle during a midweek session at their Melwood camp, yet was expected to recover for Saturday`s trip to West Brom.
The Reds talisman made the journey to The Hawthorns but the injury became infected and he had to dash back to Merseyside.
Gerrard spent nearly seven months out earlier this year after groin surgery, which then became infected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance