Kevin Prince-Boateng admitted to hospital following assault in Germany
London: Schalke player Kevin Prince-Boateng has reportedly been admitted to the hospital after he sustained injuries during an assault in Germany.
Reports claim that the former AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur midfielder was attacked by an unknown assailant while enjoying time off in the industrial city of Gelsenkirchen, although he did not sustain any serious injuries.
According to a leading newspaper, the Bundesliga is on its winter break and Boateng, who has also made his name as an anti-racism campaigner, is not due to represent the Konigsblauen again until January 26.
Schalke qualified for the knockout phase of this season`s Champions League as runners-up to Chelsea, but face a tough tie with Real Madrid, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion