Kevin Prince-Boateng admitted to hospital following assault in Germany
London: Schalke player Kevin Prince-Boateng has reportedly been admitted to the hospital after he sustained injuries during an assault in Germany.
Reports claim that the former AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur midfielder was attacked by an unknown assailant while enjoying time off in the industrial city of Gelsenkirchen, although he did not sustain any serious injuries.
According to a leading newspaper, the Bundesliga is on its winter break and Boateng, who has also made his name as an anti-racism campaigner, is not due to represent the Konigsblauen again until January 26.
Schalke qualified for the knockout phase of this season`s Champions League as runners-up to Chelsea, but face a tough tie with Real Madrid, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Ban on diesel cars: Supreme Court to hear industry petition today
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story