Kroos wary of Juventus threat in Champions League tie
Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos feels that the Bavarians were unfortunate to be paired with Juventus in Friday`s draw for the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
Kroos believes that only Barcelona would have been a worse outcome, and has stressed that Bayern need two great performances if they are to reach the final four.
“Juventus knocked last year`s Champions League winners out of the competition at the group stage. It`s the least good draw after Barcelona," Kroos told the official Bayern website.”
"We`ll need two top performances to go through. It would be optimal if we won the first leg while keeping a clean sheet. Arturo Vidal has emerged as a top-class player with Juventus."
Meanwhile, Manuel Neuer is full of respect for the Serie A champions as well.
“Juventus are a big name and a great team. Italian teams are always well organised, but I still think we definitely have a chance of going through.”
"We`re looking forward to both games and we`re delighted to be starting at home."
The first leg will take place at the Allianz Arena on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI arrests man who forged PM Modi's signature
- Turkey detains almost 300 presidential guards: Official
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched