Kroos wary of Juventus threat in Champions League tie
Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos feels that the Bavarians were unfortunate to be paired with Juventus in Friday`s draw for the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
Kroos believes that only Barcelona would have been a worse outcome, and has stressed that Bayern need two great performances if they are to reach the final four.
“Juventus knocked last year`s Champions League winners out of the competition at the group stage. It`s the least good draw after Barcelona," Kroos told the official Bayern website.”
"We`ll need two top performances to go through. It would be optimal if we won the first leg while keeping a clean sheet. Arturo Vidal has emerged as a top-class player with Juventus."
Meanwhile, Manuel Neuer is full of respect for the Serie A champions as well.
“Juventus are a big name and a great team. Italian teams are always well organised, but I still think we definitely have a chance of going through.”
"We`re looking forward to both games and we`re delighted to be starting at home."
The first leg will take place at the Allianz Arena on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan