Kroos wary of Juventus threat in Champions League tie
Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos feels that the Bavarians were unfortunate to be paired with Juventus in Friday`s draw for the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
Kroos believes that only Barcelona would have been a worse outcome, and has stressed that Bayern need two great performances if they are to reach the final four.
“Juventus knocked last year`s Champions League winners out of the competition at the group stage. It`s the least good draw after Barcelona," Kroos told the official Bayern website.”
"We`ll need two top performances to go through. It would be optimal if we won the first leg while keeping a clean sheet. Arturo Vidal has emerged as a top-class player with Juventus."
Meanwhile, Manuel Neuer is full of respect for the Serie A champions as well.
“Juventus are a big name and a great team. Italian teams are always well organised, but I still think we definitely have a chance of going through.”
"We`re looking forward to both games and we`re delighted to be starting at home."
The first leg will take place at the Allianz Arena on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured