Kroos wary of Juventus threat in Champions League tie
Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos feels that the Bavarians were unfortunate to be paired with Juventus in Friday`s draw for the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
Kroos believes that only Barcelona would have been a worse outcome, and has stressed that Bayern need two great performances if they are to reach the final four.
“Juventus knocked last year`s Champions League winners out of the competition at the group stage. It`s the least good draw after Barcelona," Kroos told the official Bayern website.”
"We`ll need two top performances to go through. It would be optimal if we won the first leg while keeping a clean sheet. Arturo Vidal has emerged as a top-class player with Juventus."
Meanwhile, Manuel Neuer is full of respect for the Serie A champions as well.
“Juventus are a big name and a great team. Italian teams are always well organised, but I still think we definitely have a chance of going through.”
"We`re looking forward to both games and we`re delighted to be starting at home."
The first leg will take place at the Allianz Arena on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam