Kroos wary of Juventus threat in Champions League tie
Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos feels that the Bavarians were unfortunate to be paired with Juventus in Friday`s draw for the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
Kroos believes that only Barcelona would have been a worse outcome, and has stressed that Bayern need two great performances if they are to reach the final four.
“Juventus knocked last year`s Champions League winners out of the competition at the group stage. It`s the least good draw after Barcelona," Kroos told the official Bayern website.”
"We`ll need two top performances to go through. It would be optimal if we won the first leg while keeping a clean sheet. Arturo Vidal has emerged as a top-class player with Juventus."
Meanwhile, Manuel Neuer is full of respect for the Serie A champions as well.
“Juventus are a big name and a great team. Italian teams are always well organised, but I still think we definitely have a chance of going through.”
"We`re looking forward to both games and we`re delighted to be starting at home."
The first leg will take place at the Allianz Arena on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Hero launches 17 cycles, price starts Rs 7,000
- Full List: 10 wealthiest countries in the world; India at 7th place
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks