Leverkusen sign defender Emir Spahic
Emir Spahic, captain of the Bosnia and Herzegovina, joined Bayer Leverkusen on a two-year deal to reinforce their defence. The 32-year-old central defender left Sevilla in 2013 to play on loan for Anzhi Makhachkala. During his two years at Sevilla he marked one goal in 32 matches thereafter he scored one goal for Anzhi in seven appearances.
"Emir is a strong and ball winning player. He is technically well trained and great in the air. He will help us to achieve our goals in the Bundesliga, German Cup and also at the UEFA Champions League," Leverkusen director of sport Rudi Voeller was quoted as saying by Xinhua. Both sides agreed to keep silence about further contract details.
Leverkusen`s new arrival has been playing for the Bosnia Herzegovina since 2003, wearing 64 caps and scoring three goals.
Leverkusen have qualified for the UEFA Champions League
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP