Liverpool eyeing shock move for Samuel Eto`o
London: English football club Liverpool are considering a shock move for former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto`o.
The Cameroon striker is available for free after his one-year contract with Chelsea expired and Liverpool see him as a potential candidate to bolster their attack, according to Daily Mail.
Liverpool have a huge void to fill after their talismanic striker Luiz Suarez departed in the summer for Spain`s Barcelona.
Another former Chelsea man, Daniel Sturridge has taken over the role of the club`s premier striker but manager Brendan Rodgers is considering swooping for Eto`o, a three-time Champions League winner.
The British daily also reported that Italy`s Inter Milan and Dutch club Ajax have both spoken to the player`s representatives in recent days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends