Liverpool eyeing shock move for Samuel Eto`o
London: English football club Liverpool are considering a shock move for former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto`o.
The Cameroon striker is available for free after his one-year contract with Chelsea expired and Liverpool see him as a potential candidate to bolster their attack, according to Daily Mail.
Liverpool have a huge void to fill after their talismanic striker Luiz Suarez departed in the summer for Spain`s Barcelona.
Another former Chelsea man, Daniel Sturridge has taken over the role of the club`s premier striker but manager Brendan Rodgers is considering swooping for Eto`o, a three-time Champions League winner.
The British daily also reported that Italy`s Inter Milan and Dutch club Ajax have both spoken to the player`s representatives in recent days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!