Liverpool striker Sturridge sprains ankle
London: Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is expected to miss his side`s Premier League encounter against Hull City Sunday due to an ankle injury.
"The striker rolled his ankle in training," read a statement on the Liverpool website, reports Xinhua.
"Sturridge returned to training at Melwood this week; however, he sustained an ankle sprain which will require further assessment."
The 24-year-old, who has scored nine goals this season, came off the bench to score an 89th-minute equaliser in a thrilling 3-3 draw at Everton last weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?