Liverpool striker Sturridge sprains ankle
London: Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is expected to miss his side`s Premier League encounter against Hull City Sunday due to an ankle injury.
"The striker rolled his ankle in training," read a statement on the Liverpool website, reports Xinhua.
"Sturridge returned to training at Melwood this week; however, he sustained an ankle sprain which will require further assessment."
The 24-year-old, who has scored nine goals this season, came off the bench to score an 89th-minute equaliser in a thrilling 3-3 draw at Everton last weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31