Liverpool striker Sturridge sprains ankle
London: Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is expected to miss his side`s Premier League encounter against Hull City Sunday due to an ankle injury.
"The striker rolled his ankle in training," read a statement on the Liverpool website, reports Xinhua.
"Sturridge returned to training at Melwood this week; however, he sustained an ankle sprain which will require further assessment."
The 24-year-old, who has scored nine goals this season, came off the bench to score an 89th-minute equaliser in a thrilling 3-3 draw at Everton last weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites