Man City face anxious wait over ``serious`` Nasri injury
London: Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri suffered a "serious" knee injury after being scythed down by Newcastle United defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa late in their 2-0 win at St James` Park on Sunday.
"It should have been a red card for the tackle by Yanga-Mbiwa on Samir Nasri," City manager Pellegrini told reporters. "A direct red card - we didn`t have any extra help from the referee today.
"Nasri has a serious injury with his knee - it was directly a red card. Maybe it`s medial ligaments. We`ll see tomorrow what happens with him."
The 26-year-old French international, who should be named in France`s World Cup squad this year, was writhing in pain on the pitch before being carried off on a stretcher after a six-minute stoppage in play as he was treated.
He left the ground on the team coach with his knee in a brace and his immediate future in doubt after the hack which earned Yanga-Mbiwa only a yellow card from referee Mike Jones who endured a torrid afternoon.
Earlier, he incensed Newcastle manager Alan Pardew by overruling his assistant to disallow Cheick Tiote`s 20-metre volley, ruling that Yoan Gouffran had unsighted City keeper Joe Hart.
Pardew said the goal should have stood because Gouffran did not unsight the keeper even if he was in an offside position.
City won with goals from Edin Dzeko after eight minutes and Alvaro Negredo five minutes into the stoppage time added for Nasri`s treatment.
The result took City back to the top of the Premier League, at least until Arsenal play Aston Villa on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks