Man City inform Toure `no escape route open` to leave club

ANI| Last Updated: May 22, 2014, 16:23 PM IST

London: Manchester City have informed their midfielder Yaya Toure that he should forget about trying to make an escape route back to his former club Barcelona as they have no intentions of selling the Ivory Coast star.

Toure`s future at City had reportedly come under suspicion after he backed his agent Dimitri Seluk`s outburst at the Premier League champions earlier this week for not acknowledging the midfielder`s birthday in the proper way and that he could quit the club.

Toure backed Seluk`s comments by posting several tweets and revealed that he would make a statement after the World Cup , mounting speculations that the Ivory Costa Internaional wants to leave the Premier League and join one of Europe`s top clubs, with Barca his preferred option, the Daily Star reported.

However, a source close to City said that Toure, who was handed a new long-term deal last summer worth 2,00,000 pounds-a-week, still has three years left on a four-year deal and the club has no intentions of either selling him or negotiating a new deal.

The source also said that City accepts that a player of Toure`s caliber would attract interest from other big clubs, but it does not matter, because the midfielder is not going anywhere.