Man U loses race for Thiago Alcantara to Bayern Munich
London: Premier League Champions Manchester United have lost the race to acquire Barcelona player Thiago Alcantara, as reports suggest that Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich have signed the Spanish U-21 midfielder.
Alcantara has been at the centre of an ongoing transfer saga, and was heavily linked with a move to United, who were prepared to trigger his 17 million pounds buyout clause.
However, the report said that new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola, who managed Alcantara when he was at the Camp Nou, was keen to reunite with the 22-year-old.
Bayern agreed a 17 million pounds deal for Alcantara, who was influential for the Spain Under-21s as they lifted the European Championships this summer, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India