Man U loses race for Thiago Alcantara to Bayern Munich
London: Premier League Champions Manchester United have lost the race to acquire Barcelona player Thiago Alcantara, as reports suggest that Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich have signed the Spanish U-21 midfielder.
Alcantara has been at the centre of an ongoing transfer saga, and was heavily linked with a move to United, who were prepared to trigger his 17 million pounds buyout clause.
However, the report said that new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola, who managed Alcantara when he was at the Camp Nou, was keen to reunite with the 22-year-old.
Bayern agreed a 17 million pounds deal for Alcantara, who was influential for the Spain Under-21s as they lifted the European Championships this summer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever