Man U loses race for Thiago Alcantara to Bayern Munich
London: Premier League Champions Manchester United have lost the race to acquire Barcelona player Thiago Alcantara, as reports suggest that Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich have signed the Spanish U-21 midfielder.
Alcantara has been at the centre of an ongoing transfer saga, and was heavily linked with a move to United, who were prepared to trigger his 17 million pounds buyout clause.
However, the report said that new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola, who managed Alcantara when he was at the Camp Nou, was keen to reunite with the 22-year-old.
Bayern agreed a 17 million pounds deal for Alcantara, who was influential for the Spain Under-21s as they lifted the European Championships this summer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer