Man U loses race for Thiago Alcantara to Bayern Munich
London: Premier League Champions Manchester United have lost the race to acquire Barcelona player Thiago Alcantara, as reports suggest that Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich have signed the Spanish U-21 midfielder.
Alcantara has been at the centre of an ongoing transfer saga, and was heavily linked with a move to United, who were prepared to trigger his 17 million pounds buyout clause.
However, the report said that new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola, who managed Alcantara when he was at the Camp Nou, was keen to reunite with the 22-year-old.
Bayern agreed a 17 million pounds deal for Alcantara, who was influential for the Spain Under-21s as they lifted the European Championships this summer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player