Man U's Ryan Giggs named best player in Premier League history
Manchester: Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs has been named as the Premier Leagues’ best player in its 20 year history.
The 38-year-old winger has been ever present since the rebranding of the top-flight back in 1992, recently breaking the 900 appearances mark in all competitions – all for the Red Devils.
During his time at Old Trafford, Giggs has lifted the league title 12 times, with two Champions League winners medals and whole host of other domestic and continental honours inbetween.
Individually, the Welsh wizard won PFA Young Player of the Year twice in succession and Players’ Player of the Season for his performances in the 2008/09 campaign.
The former international captain also holds numerous records throughout the history of the Premier League, with such accolades as most capped player with 638 appearances, the only player to have played and scored in every season of the Premier League, as well as the first to score 100 goals in the league for United.
On being named the league’s best player in its 20 year running, Giggs said: "It`s a joy to be a part of the Premier League, to see it right from the start to what it is now."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan