Man U's Ryan Giggs named best player in Premier League history
Manchester: Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs has been named as the Premier Leagues’ best player in its 20 year history.
The 38-year-old winger has been ever present since the rebranding of the top-flight back in 1992, recently breaking the 900 appearances mark in all competitions – all for the Red Devils.
During his time at Old Trafford, Giggs has lifted the league title 12 times, with two Champions League winners medals and whole host of other domestic and continental honours inbetween.
Individually, the Welsh wizard won PFA Young Player of the Year twice in succession and Players’ Player of the Season for his performances in the 2008/09 campaign.
The former international captain also holds numerous records throughout the history of the Premier League, with such accolades as most capped player with 638 appearances, the only player to have played and scored in every season of the Premier League, as well as the first to score 100 goals in the league for United.
On being named the league’s best player in its 20 year running, Giggs said: "It`s a joy to be a part of the Premier League, to see it right from the start to what it is now."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened