Manchester City close in on Isco deal
London: The Premier League side are set to meet with Malaga on Friday over a move for the midfielder and are increasingly confident of completing negotiations.
Manchester City are confident of completing a deal for Isco in the coming days despite Malaga digging their heels over the 21-year-old’s transfer fee, Goal understands.
Officials from both clubs will meet on Friday to further negotiate terms, with City keen to pay €23.5 million plus a further €11.7m in add-ons for the Spanish playmaker.
Malaga are thought to be determined to hold out for a greater lump sum for Isco, but sources close to the deal have indicated to Goal that the Premier League side believe an agreement is near.
The midfielder, who has also been pursued closely by Real Madrid in recent months, is currently in Ibiza after securing the European Under-21 Championship title in Israel this week, and could fly to Manchester for a medical as early as this weekend should the clubs agree to terms on Friday.
Reports from Spain earlier this week suggest he has spurned advances from Madrid, despite being told by Zinedine Zidane that he would be a key fixture in the first team should he move to the Bernabeu this summer.
However, City remain wary of a late move from the Spanish giants and are keen to wrap up negotiations shortly, with new boss Manuel Pellegrini a key attraction to the Spaniard after playing under him at Malaga last season.
The Premier League side have been monitoring the playmaker since late last year, as was exclusively revealed by Goal, but were made to wait until the summer to continue negotiations after he renewed his contract at La Rosaleda, increasing his €20.5m buyout clause to €35m.
The midfielder is one of six top-line summer targets earmarked by City sporting director Txiki Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano, with Edinson Cavani, Thiago Alcantara and Diego Novaretti still on the club’s radar after they completed the signings of Jesus Navas and Fernandinho earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das