Manchester United must push over title finish line: Rooney
London: Wayne Rooney has urged his Manchester United team-mates to make sure they keep pushing onwards towards a seemingly-inevitable 20th league title as the season comes to a close.
The Red Devils currently sit 15 points ahead of rivals and reigning champions Manchester City, and now only require seven more to claim the title thanks to a 2-0 win over Stoke on Sunday.
With City in action twice this week against Wigan and Tottenham, the title could be returning to the red half of Manchester as soon as Sunday`s clash at White Hart Lane if results go United`s way.
"We are in a great position," Rooney told reporters.
"But we have to make sure we move on and push ourselves over that line."
The league title will be the 27-year-old`s fifth in his career, and it could well be his last if recent rumours are to be believed.
Former Paris Saint-Germain sports advisor Michel Moulin declared on French TV on Sunday night that Rooney to PSG was a "done deal".
However, representatives of both Rooney and Manchester United have distanced themselves from the comments, and no evidence has yet come to light to support Moulin`s statements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video