Manchester United striker Rooney returns for Betis win
London: Wayne Rooney made his Manchester United comeback in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Real Betis on Saturday.
The England international was part of a strong United line-up that also featured Nemanja Vidic, Nani and Javier Hernandez - and he completed a useful workout to step up his recovery from a hamstring injury.
David Moyes` side ran out 3-0 winners against the Spanish outfit in a game held at the the club`s Carrington training ground.
Rooney has been missing for much of the club`s pre-season campaign after returning early from the tour of Asia and Moyes had previously stated that the 27-year-old would likely return for the friendly against Swedish outfit AIK on August 6.
However, he was given an early run-out against the Liga side.
The former Everton striker`s future has been shrouded in doubt throughout the close-season, with Chelsea confirming a bid for his services - although Moyes remains adamant that the Premier League champions will not sell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!
- PM Narendra Modi to launch solar-powered e-boats on River Ganga in Varanasi