Manchester United striker Rooney returns for Betis win
London: Wayne Rooney made his Manchester United comeback in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Real Betis on Saturday.
The England international was part of a strong United line-up that also featured Nemanja Vidic, Nani and Javier Hernandez - and he completed a useful workout to step up his recovery from a hamstring injury.
David Moyes` side ran out 3-0 winners against the Spanish outfit in a game held at the the club`s Carrington training ground.
Rooney has been missing for much of the club`s pre-season campaign after returning early from the tour of Asia and Moyes had previously stated that the 27-year-old would likely return for the friendly against Swedish outfit AIK on August 6.
However, he was given an early run-out against the Liga side.
The former Everton striker`s future has been shrouded in doubt throughout the close-season, with Chelsea confirming a bid for his services - although Moyes remains adamant that the Premier League champions will not sell.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference