Mathieu Valbuena completes Dynamo Moscow move
Marseille: France international playmaker Mathieu Valbuena has completed his transfer to Russian side Dynamo Moscow from Marseille, a director of the Ligue 1 club told journalists on Saturday.
Speaking just before OM`s friendly against Italian club Chievo in southern France, the director, who wasn`t identified, indicated that Dynamo will pay a transfer fee of 7.5 million euros (£6m, $10m) for the 29-year-old.
Valbuena, who underwent a medical earlier on Saturday, has agreed a three-year contract worth a reported salary of 10 million euros (£7.9m, $13.4m) per year.
Valbuena has won 38 caps for France, including featuring in four games during Les Bleus` run to the quarter-finals of the World Cup in Brazil last month.
He joined Marseille in 2006 and helped the south-coast side win the Ligue 1 title in 2010, but OM have been open to offers for Valbuena and other leading players as they look to cut costs after failing to qualify for this season`s Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail