Mathieu Valbuena completes Dynamo Moscow move
Marseille: France international playmaker Mathieu Valbuena has completed his transfer to Russian side Dynamo Moscow from Marseille, a director of the Ligue 1 club told journalists on Saturday.
Speaking just before OM`s friendly against Italian club Chievo in southern France, the director, who wasn`t identified, indicated that Dynamo will pay a transfer fee of 7.5 million euros (£6m, $10m) for the 29-year-old.
Valbuena, who underwent a medical earlier on Saturday, has agreed a three-year contract worth a reported salary of 10 million euros (£7.9m, $13.4m) per year.
Valbuena has won 38 caps for France, including featuring in four games during Les Bleus` run to the quarter-finals of the World Cup in Brazil last month.
He joined Marseille in 2006 and helped the south-coast side win the Ligue 1 title in 2010, but OM have been open to offers for Valbuena and other leading players as they look to cut costs after failing to qualify for this season`s Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?