Money cannot buy Man City Premier League title: Milner
London: Manchester City midfielder James Milner has said that money cannot buy Premier League title.
Owner Sheik Mansour has reportedly invested more than 400 million pounds on players in a bid to make the club champions, money that looked well spent during the first half of the season.
But the 1-0 defeat at Arsenal left City`s campaign on the brink of unravelling completely, with arch-rivals Manchester United now eight points clear with only six games remaining.
Manchester City’s late slump proves that the League title is worth more than a quick buck, a daily reports.
Milner said: “For the last 20 years, Manchester United have got that knack of winning and know how to close out title races. This is the first year we’ve been up there as a group.”
“We have brought players in and it takes time for them to settle. As a team, to keep improving you have to work hard and be together for a number of years.”
City has spent 210 million pounds in two years under Roberto Mancini.
Milner said: “Whatever happens this season, whether we win it or don’t, we have to make sure we learn from the good and the poor things which have gone on.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar