Pep Guardiola hails `best` hour at Bayern
Munich: Pep Guardiola has hailed his "best" hour at Bayern Munich after steering the holders to the Champions League`s semifinals as they bid to reach their fourth final in five years.
Holders Bayern had to come from behind before romping to a 3-1 victory at home to Manchester United at Munich`s Allianz Arena in Wednesday`s quarterfinal, second-leg to win the tie 4-2 on aggregate.
"We are in the semi finals, so I`m very, very proud of my team," said Guardiola after goals by Mario Mandzukic, Thomas Mueller and Arjen Robben cancelled out Patrice Evra`s superb second-half strike for United.
"I`m happy. My players have huge hearts. "This is the best part of the season for me, now we`re in a superior situation."
Having won 14 titles in four seasons as Barcelona manager, the 43-year-old Guardiola has already won three titles in less than 10 months at Bayern after lifting the UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup and claiming the Bundesliga with a record seven matches to spare.
Bayern will discover their semifinal opponents in Friday`s draw with Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Chelsea also in the last four.
"I often get asked which team I want, but each side has their own qualities," he said.
"Real have superior players with enormous qualities, such as (Cristiano) Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, (Gareth) Bale etc.
"Atletico are pure passion and it`s their first time in this situation. "It`s unbelievable for their fans what they have done so far. "Chelsea have a lot of experience, with players like Petr Cech, (Branislav) Ivanovic, (Frank) Lampard and the Blues have a trainer with a lot of experience too.
"Each team have their own strengths and we`ll analyse them as well as possible."
Having become the first German team to win the treble of European, league and cup titles last season, Bayern are bidding to become the first side ever to defend the Champions League at the May 24 final in Lisbon.
"I have been here nearly a year and I have seen why they won everything last year," said Guardiola, who has reached his 15th Champions League semifinal as a player or coach.
"They have great team spirit and I am proud, it`s an enormous honour to be here."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok