Pepe Reina joins Bayern Munich on three-year deal
Zee Media Bureau/Dattaraj Thaly
New Delhi: Bayern Munich have completed the transfer of goalkeeper Pepe Reina from Liverpool after signing a three-year deal.
It was revealed on Tuesday that both clubs had agreed a fee for the transfer of the Spain international and that the had already agreed personal terms with the German club.
Despite being Liverpool`s undisputed number one keeper for several years, he was displaced in the pecking order by Simon Mignolet under Brendan Rodgers.
The 31-year-old was loaned out to Serie A side Napoli during the 2013-14 season.
Reina accumulated 394 appearances for the Anfield club between 2005 and 2013 after making the moved from La Liga side Villarreal.
At Liverpool, the Spanish keeper won Premier League Golden Glove on three occasions for keeping maximum clean sheets during the season.
It would be interesting to see how Pep Guardiola decides to utilize Reina as Manuel Neuer is the number one choice in goal for the German champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar