Real Madrid still have a lot to win this year: Ronaldo
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted that Real Madrid still have everything to play for this season as they can still win the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.
The Santiago Bernabeu side have fallen 16 points behind arch-rivals Barcelona in the Liga table, but Ronaldo has stressed they can still win silverware in 2012-13.
"We have a lot to win this year. We are still in the Copa and the Champions League. We are doing better," the Portugal star stated to the official Madrid website.
"I want to play, that`s what I like to do, and to help the team so we can achieve our aims in the Copa del Rey, the Champions League and to do the best that we can in the league."
The prolific attacker then went on stress that the fans` support is crucial for the team if they are to be successful.
"I appeal to the fans to encourage the team and together we can win something, because we feel everything on the field and it can affect us. We need help, not to be criticised and to all be together.
"I have to thank the fans, they are with the team. I am very happy about that. When people support me I feel better, more motivated and happy and also play better."
Madrid resume Primera Division action on Saturday away against Osasuna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt