Sir Alex Ferguson presents Bayern Munich hero Robben with man-of-the-match award
London: The winger set up the first goal before firing home the winner late on at Wembley, to ensure his side were crowned European champions.
Sir Alex Ferguson presented Arjen Robben with the man-of-the-match award at Wembley following Bayern Munich`s Champions League final victory over Borussia Dortmund on Saturday.
The Dutchman`s 89th-minute strike sealed a 2-1 victory for Jupp Heynckes` side after Ilkay Gundogan`s penalty had cancelled out Mario Mandzukic`s opener.
"It`s my first job since I retired," Sir Alex quipped to reporters.
Robben, who also assisted Mandzukic`s close-range effort in the 60th minute, paid tribute to the retiring Scot, who ended his 26-year reign at Manchester United earlier this month.
"I think it’s such a shame a world class trainer is leaving the job," Robben said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!