Sir Alex Ferguson targets more signings for Manchester United
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed the club are currently trying to bring in another "one or two" players during the current transfer window.
The Red Devils have already completed deals for Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund and Nick Powell from Crewe but continued to be linked a host of other players including Leighton Baines and Joao Moutinho.
Sir Alex is pleased with how the club`s summer transfer activity has panned out so far but conceded completing deals to bring players to the club can prove a long process.
On the chances of signing more players, he told MUTV: "Yes, there`s a possibility. We`re working on one or two things but there`s nothing really to tell you to be honest.
"We always try to get our work done at the end of the season – we spent a good deal of time sorting the deal with Shinji and we`d agreed a deal with Nick Powell before the play-offs which was a good move by us because the boy had an outstanding final at Wembley.
"When you don`t get deals done immediately and you`re negotiating with a club over a long period, then you can`t expect to just snap your fingers and get it done."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!