Spurs in my bones and blood, says hopeful Hoddle
London: Glenn Hoddle wants another crack at managing boyhood club Tottenham Hotspur despite being sacked by the north London side 10 years ago.
Spurs, who have bookmakers` favourite Tim Sherwood in caretaker charge, are looking for a new boss after dismissing Andre Villas-Boas last week following a 5-0 home mauling by Liverpool.
"I supported Tottenham at eight years of age, I went there aged 12, left when I was 28, went back to manage - it`s in my blood and my bones. Yes, I would want to go back," former England manager Hoddle told a leading sports channel on Sunday.
"Even if they felt they wanted me to go to the end of the season and wanted something else long term, I would be prepared to do that for the sake of the football club."
Hoddle was one of Spurs` greatest ever players but his two years as manager ended in September 2003 after picking up four points from their opening six league games.
The 56-year-old has been out of management since leaving Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2006 but remains popular with Spurs fans and is the second favourite with bookmakers.
Former Tottenham striker Gary Lineker has called on chief executive Daniel Levy to give Hoddle another go.
Iran coach and former Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has also thrown his hat into the ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail