Wenger says `fears the worst` over Fergie`s revelations in upcoming autobiography
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that he `fears the worst` over what might emerge from former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson`s upcoming autobiography.
Ferguson`s latest book will hit the shelves on Thursday and is expected not to pull any punches over the Scot`s 27 years of experience of being a manager of the Old Trafford side, including his bitter rivalry with Wenger through the years, which reached to the top with the infamous pizza-chucking fracas between the two teams in 2004.
According to Metro.co.uk, although the rivalry between Wenger and Ferguson have mellowed in recent seasons, the Frenchman still does not expect to be spared by Ferguson and quipped that he, and many others, are expecting the worst.
Meanwhile, Wenger said he thinks that Ferguson`s glorious legacy could be a hindrance to current United boss David Moyes , saying that Ferguson should be remembered for doing well for the club rather than his personality becoming a handicap for United.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender