West Ham defender Demel out of hospital after concussion
London: West Ham United`s Ivory Coast international Guy Demel was released from hospital on Sunday after suffering a head injury during his side`s 2-0 Premier League win at Cardiff City, the club said on Twitter.
The 32-year-old defender was carried away on a stretcher after receiving oxygen on the pitch, having fallen heavily following a collision with Hammers team mate Roger Johnson on Saturday.
He suffered concussion and a damaged shoulder and was unconscious for several minutes before spending the night in hospital in Cardiff.
British media reported he had suffered neck and shoulder injuries, adding to West Ham`s already considerable injury list.
The victory took West Ham out of the relegation zone into 17th position, one place above Cardiff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi