West Ham defender Demel out of hospital after concussion
London: West Ham United`s Ivory Coast international Guy Demel was released from hospital on Sunday after suffering a head injury during his side`s 2-0 Premier League win at Cardiff City, the club said on Twitter.
The 32-year-old defender was carried away on a stretcher after receiving oxygen on the pitch, having fallen heavily following a collision with Hammers team mate Roger Johnson on Saturday.
He suffered concussion and a damaged shoulder and was unconscious for several minutes before spending the night in hospital in Cardiff.
British media reported he had suffered neck and shoulder injuries, adding to West Ham`s already considerable injury list.
The victory took West Ham out of the relegation zone into 17th position, one place above Cardiff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand