West Ham defender Demel out of hospital after concussion
London: West Ham United`s Ivory Coast international Guy Demel was released from hospital on Sunday after suffering a head injury during his side`s 2-0 Premier League win at Cardiff City, the club said on Twitter.
The 32-year-old defender was carried away on a stretcher after receiving oxygen on the pitch, having fallen heavily following a collision with Hammers team mate Roger Johnson on Saturday.
He suffered concussion and a damaged shoulder and was unconscious for several minutes before spending the night in hospital in Cardiff.
British media reported he had suffered neck and shoulder injuries, adding to West Ham`s already considerable injury list.
The victory took West Ham out of the relegation zone into 17th position, one place above Cardiff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender