West Ham striker Andy Carroll suffers new foot injury
London: West Ham United striker Andy Carroll has re-injured his right foot after returning to training, the Premier League club said on Monday.
"Although it is in the same part of his foot as his previous injury, it is a new injury and therefore there will be no prognosis until he has seen a specialist," West Ham said in a statement on their website.
The 24-year-old England forward, signed for 15 million pounds (USD23.6 million) from Liverpool on a permanent transfer in June after spending a year on-loan at the London club, has not played this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam
- Greek parliament approves controversial new bailout measures
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`