West Ham striker Andy Carroll suffers new foot injury
London: West Ham United striker Andy Carroll has re-injured his right foot after returning to training, the Premier League club said on Monday.
"Although it is in the same part of his foot as his previous injury, it is a new injury and therefore there will be no prognosis until he has seen a specialist," West Ham said in a statement on their website.
The 24-year-old England forward, signed for 15 million pounds (USD23.6 million) from Liverpool on a permanent transfer in June after spending a year on-loan at the London club, has not played this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city