Wilshere asks Fabregas to stay loyal to Arsenal
London: Jack Wilshere has increased pressure on his club skipper Cesc Fabregas, asking him to stay loyal to Arsenal.
The astonishing statement from Arsenal’s rising star is a clear indication that the Gunners squad will fall in behind their captain Fabregas if he snubs a move to Barcelona again.
Wilshere had no intention of slamming his skipper who did not travel to Kuala Lumpur for Arsenal’s tour of the Far East because of a muscle injury.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is confident that he can keep hold of the Spanish midfielder for another year.
“Loyalty is a big part of football and it shows if you are a real man or not. If you are loyal, it means you are a real man. We have loyalty at Arsenal and players have shown that in the past,” The Sun quoted Wilshere, as saying.
Cesc showed that last year and hopefully a few more players will show it this year. Then we will see if we can get a trophy or not,” he said.
Wilshere meant Fabregas as well as Samir Nasri, who has only 12 months left on his contract.
Arsenal’s preparations for the new campaign kicks off on Wednesday in Kuala Lumpur against a Malaysia All-Star XI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?