Wilshere asks Fabregas to stay loyal to Arsenal
London: Jack Wilshere has increased pressure on his club skipper Cesc Fabregas, asking him to stay loyal to Arsenal.
The astonishing statement from Arsenal’s rising star is a clear indication that the Gunners squad will fall in behind their captain Fabregas if he snubs a move to Barcelona again.
Wilshere had no intention of slamming his skipper who did not travel to Kuala Lumpur for Arsenal’s tour of the Far East because of a muscle injury.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is confident that he can keep hold of the Spanish midfielder for another year.
“Loyalty is a big part of football and it shows if you are a real man or not. If you are loyal, it means you are a real man. We have loyalty at Arsenal and players have shown that in the past,” The Sun quoted Wilshere, as saying.
Cesc showed that last year and hopefully a few more players will show it this year. Then we will see if we can get a trophy or not,” he said.
Wilshere meant Fabregas as well as Samir Nasri, who has only 12 months left on his contract.
Arsenal’s preparations for the new campaign kicks off on Wednesday in Kuala Lumpur against a Malaysia All-Star XI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report