Is Ravindra Jadeja the best bet as batting all-rounder for upcoming World Cup?
With the World Cup less than a year away, Team India`s search for the all-rounder is expected to get frantic. India has tried various options in Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Abhishek Nayar etc over the years but for now look settled for Ravindra Jadeja.
The young all-rounder from Saurashtra, has got the potential and he has done well- both with bat and ball in the IPL and domestic games. Besides being an exceptional fielder, Jadeja can be counted on to effectively bowl his quota of 10 overs but it is the lack of runs and his inability to force the pace in crunch situations that has kept the debate over the all-rounder still open.
Jadeja faces stiff competition from Yusuf Pathan for the slot, who was dropped earlier this month from national side on account of poor batting after getting fair amount of chances at international level. Yusuf bowls the same pace as Jadeja but has got more firepower with the bat- something he has demonstrated in IPL but not at highest level.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that Ravindra Jadeja is the best man for the number 7 slot in Indian lineup. Please post your comments to let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days