Cabrera-Bello, Webster tied for lead in Qatar
Doha: Rafael Cabrera-Bello will head into the final day of the Qatar Masters tied for the lead with Britain`s Steve Webster after the Spaniard let a two-shot advantage slip in Friday`s third round.
Cabrera-Bello, who also led last week`s Abu Dhabi Championship after two rounds before finishing fourth, dropped two shots in the last six holes to card a 73.
That opened the door for Webster, who got off to a poor start and was two over after five holes but rallied to hit the remaining 13 in four under, carding 70 to join Cabrera-Bello on 12 under par.
Frenchman Adrien Saddier, who hit a third-round 64, Denmark`s Thorbjorn Olesen and South Africa`s Thomas Aiken were a shot adrift of the leaders.
"It was a tougher day today, things did not go as great as they have been so far," Cabrera-Bello said on the European Tour website (www.europeantour.com).
"I still feel as though I played okay, I just did not manage to score as well. It was tough with the wind, I didn`t quite make the putts and struggled here and there with my chipping, but overall I got the not-so-good round out of the way and I am still in a fantastic position going into Saturday."
Webster, who became the first player to start a European Tour event with an albatross on Wednesday, boosted his chances of a third tour title after recovering from an early stumble.
"I hit it really well on the range and I think I got a bit cocky on the course and hit so many bad shots the first six or seven holes; it was like I had never played golf before," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed