Garcia`s racist `fried chicken` remark against Woods
London: The dispute between golfers Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods continued on verbal terms as the former reportedly made a `racist` remark about Woods at the European Tour`s gala players` awards dinner.
Garcia remarked that he will not prefer having Woods round for dinner during the US Open as he was quoted by The Guardian saying, "We will have him round every night, and we will serve fried chicken."
According to the report, Garcia`s statement was similar to that made by Fuzzy Zoeller in 1997 against Woods.
Garcia unlike Zoeller had left the venue before he could clarify his remarks.
The World no.14 later issued a statement though the European Tour saying that he answered a question that was clearly made towards him as a joke with a silly remark and by no way his comment had any racial meanings.
Garcia further said that he does not connect with Woods and both do not need each other in their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country