Injury forces Jeev to miss European Masters
New Delhi: Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh has pulled out of the Omega European Masters and the KLM Open, the following week, on account of a bruise on the trigger finger of his right hand.
The finger, which is currently taped now, was hurt while playing the second round of the Scottish Open. Jeev, however, continued that week, and went on to win the event for his first victory since 2008. That was made possible with the help of physio and pain-killers.
The very next week Jeev played and missed the cut at the Open in Royal Lytham. The injury was aggravated at the WGC-Bridgestone. But now Jeev, on the advise of doctors, has decided to take a break and recover.
"Right now I wish to rest and recover from the injury," said Jeev, who is currently 87th on World Rankings. Jeev is currently 17th on the Race to Dubai rankings. The top-60 on Europe Tour play the Dubai World Tour Championships, the final event of the season on the European Tour.
Jeev plans to get fully fit in time for the big events on Asian, European and Japan Tours for the year end. That will also enable him to make an attempt to get into top-50 of the world and qualify for all four Majors next year.
Jeev`s next appearance will be at the ANA Open on the Japan Golf Tour in mid-September. He is expected to play four weeks in Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming