Bruno Senna quits Formula 1
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian driver Bruno Senna has quit Formula 1 to race for Aston Martin in this year`s World Endurance Championship (WEC).
The 29-year-old was dropped by Williams last year after finishing 16th in the F1 drivers` standings with 31 points.
"I want to move forward and get back to winning races," Senna told Autosport.
The former Williams, Renault and HRT driver had been linked with a move to Force India before Tuesday`s announcement.
Senna, the nephew of the late three-time F1 world champion Ayrton Senna, will make his WEC debut at next month`s 12 hours of Sebring event in Florida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days