Bruno Senna quits Formula 1
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian driver Bruno Senna has quit Formula 1 to race for Aston Martin in this year`s World Endurance Championship (WEC).
The 29-year-old was dropped by Williams last year after finishing 16th in the F1 drivers` standings with 31 points.
"I want to move forward and get back to winning races," Senna told Autosport.
The former Williams, Renault and HRT driver had been linked with a move to Force India before Tuesday`s announcement.
Senna, the nephew of the late three-time F1 world champion Ayrton Senna, will make his WEC debut at next month`s 12 hours of Sebring event in Florida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok