Cash-strapped Mallya might let Force India driver Di Resta leave for right price
London: Talented Force India driver Paul Di Resta is in pole position to land a McLaren job if Lewis Hamilton’s contract talks fail, and his troubled billionaire owner Vijay Mallya is ready to let him leave at the right price.
The Scot has impressed enough in his first 18 months in the sport to be a key figure in the thoughts of Ferrari and Mercedes.
Ferrari is already looking at him as a possible replacement for Felipe Massa, and he has been short listed by Mercedes if Michael Schumacher retires again,” The Daily Mirror reports.
Force India has a watertight contract with Di Resta till 2013 but Mallya has let it be known he would part with the Scot if the price were right.
McLaren have yet to officially open talks with Hamilton but have let it be known they want him to stay on a five-year 95 million pound deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda