Chandhok`s team to begin Le Mans in 7th position on grid
Le Mans (France): Karun Chandhok and his team Murphy Prototypes qualified an impressive seventh in the LMP 2 class for the Le Mans 24 hours race, beginning on Saturday.
Chandhok`s team Murphy Prototypes set a time of 3:41.569 and will start in 15th place overall. The trio of Brendon Hartley, Mark Patterson and Chandhok will drive Nissan V8-powered Oreca 03.
The second qualifying session was wet which resulted in Murphy Prototypes not venturing out at all.
The third and final qualifying session started on a damp but drying track. There were as many as 9 red flags which disrupted running for all drivers. This resulted in the track coming alive in the last 30 minutes with all cars looking to improve their time.
Hartley ran in the qualifying session as he had not got any meaningful running the entire week. He finally managed to get a new set of tyres to run in qualifying.
"We are starting in a reasonably good position and will have to push very hard to get a good result. The atmosphere here is unbelievable and I can`t wait to get going on Saturday. I am a little more experienced after racing last year but conditions are a lot more unpredictable this year so should be an interesting race," Chandhok said.
"The morning session was a complete washout and it made no sense to do any laps. With the weather and so many red flags I could not get any running today but will be back in the car for warm-up tomorrow," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren