Force India driver Di Resta says next year would be ‘make or break’ season
London: Force India driver Paul Di Resta has admitted next year would be a make or break season for him, and knows he has to deliver to clinch a move to a top Formula One team for 2014. Di Resta’s name was linked with McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari in recent months, but the 26-year-old will continue with Force India next year after suffering a wretched end to the season. Di Resta’s driving partner has yet to be announced as the team run the rule over a number of prospective candidates to replace Nico Hulkenberg, who is joining Sauber.
Di Resta scored just two points from his final six races this year and knows he has to hit the ground running next season to get the move he craves. “The end of my season wasn’t great,” the Sun quoted Di Resta, as saying. “Next year is a big one for me. I need to do my stuff because it will be performance-based. I think there’ll be a few movements at the top and hopefully I’ll be a part of that,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional