Force India finish 9th, 10th in Spain
Barcelona: Force India drivers Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg finished ninth and 10th, respectively, at the Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix held at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya here Sunday.
The race was won by Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton in a thrilling finish just 0.6 seconds ahead of teammate Nico Rosberg while Red Bull`s Daniel Ricciardo finished third.
With his fourth successive win, Hamilton went to the top of the drivers` championship for the first time this season with 100 points.
For Force India, Mexican Perez earned two points while his teammate got the last point from the fifth race of the season with the team getting three points in total.
Therefore, Force India dropped a place to fourth in the constructors` standings and are currently there with 57. Meanwhile in the drivers` standings, German Hulkenberg is sixth with 37 while Perez sits on 10th with 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city