Grosjean hangs on to Lotus seat for 2013
New Delhi: Formula 1 team Lotus have announced that Romain Grosjean will again partner Kimi Raikkonen next year, giving the team an unchanged driver line-up for the 2013 season.
Grosjean made his return to F1 with Lotus in 2012, having won the GP2 Series title in 2011, and scored three podium results - in Bahrain (P3), Canada (P2) and Hungary (P3) - en route to eighth place in the drivers` championship.
"It`s fantastic for me to be continuing with Lotus F1 Team for 2013," said Grosjean on the F1 website late Monday night.
"It`s superb to have the support of everyone at Enstone. I`m really looking forward to rewarding their faith when we take to the track in Australia."
"I learnt a lot in my first full season in Formula 1 and my aim is to put these lessons into practice with stronger and more consistent performance on track next year," added the Frenchman, who earned a one-race ban for triggering a first-corner pile-up at September`s Belgian Grand Prix.
"There are a lot of exciting developments occurring behind the scenes at Enstone and I am very excited with the prospect of the E21. I`ve already had my seat fitting and spoken with all the personnel involved with the build of the new car; I just can`t wait to get behind the wheel."
The Raikkonen-Grosjean partnership took Lotus to fourth place in the 2012 constructors` championship.
Grosjean also emerged victorious at the 2012 Race of Champions Sunday in Thailand beating eight-time Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM