Hospital issues statement denying rumours of Michael Schumacher`s death
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Grenoble University Hospital - the French hospital treating Formula One legend Michael Schumacher has denied rumours that the 45-year-old has died. Speculations were rife on the social media networks, including micro-blogging site Twitter that the German had passed away.
Foreign media quoted an statement issued by the hospital authorities that read: ‘The hospital denies that Michael Schumacher has died.’
The seven-time world champion suffered serious brain injuries, when he crashed into rocks while on a skiing vacation in the French resort of Meribel on December 29.
The German is under 24-hour care, where he continues to receive food through a tube to his stomach, and is breathing with aid of a ventilator because he has been unable to breathe on his own.
The doctors performed two operations to relieve pressure on his brain and remove blood clots in the days following his accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics