India is special country; BIC is different track: Hamilton
New Delhi: McLaren star Lewis Hamiton is a big fan of India and its people and has also likened the Buddh International Circuit to the "great" Spa circuit in Belgium.
"I love India - the people, the colour, the noise, the spectacle, the chaos: it's an intense and vibrant country, with some of the most enthusiastic and friendliest people we meet all year," Hamilton, who will leave McLaren for Mercedes for the 2013 season, said.
The British driver said BIC was different from many tracks in the world.
"The circuit, too, is something of a revelation. Most modern tracks have a very similar feel; you find that the same driving style and rhythm suits them all. But the Buddh International Circuit is different: it has more in common with a great track like Spa than it does with any number of the more modern places we visit," he said.
Hamilton said the outlay of the circuit is such that it allows the driver to push the car to limit.
"It's got an incredible flow - basically, from Turn Four, a wide-apex right-hander that sweeps downhill, the track is just a series of fast, rolling curves which really allow you to put the car absolutely on the limit.
"I didn't have a particularly tidy weekend there last year: but I feel I've been driving better than ever recently - even if the results haven't quite shown it - so I'm headed to India determined for another good result. I think we'll have a car that's a match for the circuit and I can't wait to get out there and start practicing on Friday," he said.
Hamilton's teammate Jenson Button, who finished second last year, was also full of praise for BIC and compared one of the features to Japanese track.
"It's a circuit I like: it has a good feel to it, and you can tell it's quite different from the normal places we visit. There are a couple of unusual factors: firstly, the approaches to Turns Three and Four are incredibly wide - almost like a motorway - in order to stimulate different lines into the corner and encourage overtaking.
"Secondly, the combination of Turns 10 and 11 is also pretty special - it's a huge, bowl-shaped double-apex right-hander, a bit like Spoon at Suzuka. It's unusual for a new circuit to have such fast corners, and it's really enjoyable when you get the car hooked up through there - the lateral g feels great," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings