J K Tyre Racing Cup off to a flying start
Chennai: The first round of the four round J K Tyre Racing Cup got off to a flying start at the Madras Motor Race Track at Irungaatukottai near here with 15 competitors in the fray.
The city based drivers from Wallace Sports were to the fore in both the races with K Vinoth and Vikas Anand finishing winner and runner-up in both the races on Saturday.
The first race was held for scheduled eight laps on the short loop (2.1 kms) and the second was decided on five laps since there was an accident between C1 and C2 when the drivers were into their sixth lap.
This year’s entries outnumbered the earlier four editions of JK Tyre Racing Cup.
J K Tyres and Madras Motor Sports Club (MMSC) have together organised this event to benefit talented newcomers and novices and hone their skills to help them gain entry into the world of motor sports.
As was witnessed in the earlier editions, the charged up youngsters – in their learning processes – were tackling the cars in a rough manner and at least four of them were forced to come back to the pits dejected. However, there was real challenge among the drivers who have been competing in the event since last season.
The inexperienced drivers from places like Shillong, Bangalore, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Cochin apart from Chennai were enjoying the thrills of driving.
Though the new entrants could not finish on the podium in two of the ten races slated for this year, the top two finishers in both the races were close to each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border