Jaypee signs KELME as merchandise partner for Buddh Circuit
New Delhi: Jaypee Sports International Ltd (JPSI) on Tuesday, said it has signed up Spanish sports and lifestyle brand KELME as the official supplier and licensed merchandise partner for Buddh International Circuit (BIC).
Through the partnership, KELME will have exclusive rights to design, develop and sell BIC branded motorsport and lifestyle apparel and accessories across India, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, the company said in a statement.
BIC is the host for Formula 1 Grand Prix, World Superbike Championship and other motorsport events.
Commenting on the development, JPSI Managing Director and CEO Sameer Gaur said: "There has always been a lot of interest for merchandise among motorsport fans, and with KELME on board, we intend to offer more variety of stylish and trendy BIC collection."
KELME is a new entrant to Indian market but is better known in Europe and elsewhere particularly for its sponsorship of popular football team Real Madrid and the 1992 Spanish Olympic team.
"This partnership with BIC will provide world class merchandise to fans across the globe, and help popularise motorsport in India," KELME Director, South-East Asia Ashish Seth said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!