Korean GP: McLaren`s Hamilton takes pole, ends Red Bull streak
Yeongam (South Korea): McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton took the pole position Saturday for the Korean Grand Prix on Sunday, ending Red Bull`s season-long streak.
Hamilton had a lap time of 1 minute, 35.820 seconds - 0.222 seconds faster than Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel, the German star who wrapped up his second straight F1 drivers championship last weekend in the Japanese Grand Prix. McLaren`s Jenson Button was third, followed by Red Bull`s Mark Webber.
Red Bull had taken pole in all 15 races this season - 12 for Vettel and three for Webber - but couldn`t keep the streak going at the Yeongam track.
McLaren topped the timesheets in all three practice sessions for the team`s 700th Grand Prix.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’