Michael Schumacher being woken up from coma: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
The record seven-time Formula One World Champion, Michael Schumacher, is reportedly being woken up from induced coma on Wednesday.
According to a report in L`Equipe, a French daily, Schumi had `reacted positively` to the medical processes that began this week at the CHU hospital in the city of Grenoble, where he`s been since December 29. Meanwhile, Schumacher`s manager, Sabine Kehm, has urged the public not to pay attention to any speculations.
Kehm urged Schumi`s fans to ignore anything other than the official comments on Schumacher`s health. "I am stressing again any statement regarding Michael`s health not coming from the doctors treating him, or from his management, must be considered as speculation," she said.
The former racer has entered the fifth week in an artificial coma in a French hospital since hitting his head on a rock while skiing in the French Alps. Schumacher`s 14-year-old son Mick was also skiing with his father at the time of accident.
Schumacher, who made his debut in 1991, dominated Formula One during his career, winning more world titles and races than any other driver.
He first retired aged 37 but was unable to resist the lure of the track. In 2010, he came out of retirement but was unable to recover his previous performance and quit for good in 2012.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre