Michael Schumacher being woken up from coma: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
The record seven-time Formula One World Champion, Michael Schumacher, is reportedly being woken up from induced coma on Wednesday.
According to a report in L`Equipe, a French daily, Schumi had `reacted positively` to the medical processes that began this week at the CHU hospital in the city of Grenoble, where he`s been since December 29. Meanwhile, Schumacher`s manager, Sabine Kehm, has urged the public not to pay attention to any speculations.
Kehm urged Schumi`s fans to ignore anything other than the official comments on Schumacher`s health. "I am stressing again any statement regarding Michael`s health not coming from the doctors treating him, or from his management, must be considered as speculation," she said.
The former racer has entered the fifth week in an artificial coma in a French hospital since hitting his head on a rock while skiing in the French Alps. Schumacher`s 14-year-old son Mick was also skiing with his father at the time of accident.
Schumacher, who made his debut in 1991, dominated Formula One during his career, winning more world titles and races than any other driver.
He first retired aged 37 but was unable to resist the lure of the track. In 2010, he came out of retirement but was unable to recover his previous performance and quit for good in 2012.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates