‘Norbert Haug’s departure would tear massive hole in Merc team’: Schumacher

Last Updated: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 15:35

London: F1 legend Michael Schumacher has expressed disappointment at the sudden and unexpected departure of Mercedes’ motorsport chief Norbert Haug.

Haug, one of the most familiar faces in the Formula One paddock, is standing down by mutual agreement after more than 20 years in Merc’s top job.

Schuey, 43, said the combination of Mercedes and 60-year-old Haug had been a major part of the motorsport world from the moment he entered it.

“This step will mark a big break. He lived motorsports and his leaving will tear a massive hole in both our sport and our team,” The Sun quoted Schumacher, as saying.

“We spent a lot of years together being sporting combatants or allies and Norbert has always been into this with full enthusiasm,” he added.

Haug, who was instrumental in persuading Schuey to come out of his first retirement in 2010, said he was quitting because of Merc’s lack of results, the paper said.

He added: “There is always somebody who has to accept overall responsibility. Of course we have had our successes in the past three years but not consistently enough so a direction had to be set and a marker laid down.”

ANI



First Published: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 15:35

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus