‘Norbert Haug’s departure would tear massive hole in Merc team’: Schumacher
London: F1 legend Michael Schumacher has expressed disappointment at the sudden and unexpected departure of Mercedes’ motorsport chief Norbert Haug.
Haug, one of the most familiar faces in the Formula One paddock, is standing down by mutual agreement after more than 20 years in Merc’s top job.
Schuey, 43, said the combination of Mercedes and 60-year-old Haug had been a major part of the motorsport world from the moment he entered it.
“This step will mark a big break. He lived motorsports and his leaving will tear a massive hole in both our sport and our team,” The Sun quoted Schumacher, as saying.
“We spent a lot of years together being sporting combatants or allies and Norbert has always been into this with full enthusiasm,” he added.
Haug, who was instrumental in persuading Schuey to come out of his first retirement in 2010, said he was quitting because of Merc’s lack of results, the paper said.
He added: “There is always somebody who has to accept overall responsibility. Of course we have had our successes in the past three years but not consistently enough so a direction had to be set and a marker laid down.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video