Red Bull fear ‘ticking time bomb’ alternator failure could ruin Vettel’s championship title bid
London: Formula One team Red Bull Racing is fearing that a ‘ticking time bomb’ could blow Sebastian Vettel’s world championship bid to pieces.
The worry follows team-mate Mark Webber’s exit from the US Grand Prix due to an alternator failure.
It is a recurring problem for the Renault-powered squad and they are hoping that it will not strike Vettel in Sunday’s title-deciding race in Brazil.
“Reliability is a concern. This was unfortunately our third alternator failure this year, which is a ticking time bomb. The cars are very complicated and keeping them going round is anything but guaranteed,” the Daily Mirror quoted Red Bull’s technical chief Adrian Newey, as saying.
“You never know when that one is going to strike. Renault haven’t managed to find a proper solution so that’s a continual worry in the back of our minds, as is the rest of the reliability,” he added.
Team principal Christian Horner hopes they will have the new version for Interlagos, while Vettel is confident the team will resolve the issue.
“We have managed the last couple of races pretty well so I’m sure it should be easy to find the problem,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800