Red Bull fear ‘ticking time bomb’ alternator failure could ruin Vettel’s championship title bid
London: Formula One team Red Bull Racing is fearing that a ‘ticking time bomb’ could blow Sebastian Vettel’s world championship bid to pieces.
The worry follows team-mate Mark Webber’s exit from the US Grand Prix due to an alternator failure.
It is a recurring problem for the Renault-powered squad and they are hoping that it will not strike Vettel in Sunday’s title-deciding race in Brazil.
“Reliability is a concern. This was unfortunately our third alternator failure this year, which is a ticking time bomb. The cars are very complicated and keeping them going round is anything but guaranteed,” the Daily Mirror quoted Red Bull’s technical chief Adrian Newey, as saying.
“You never know when that one is going to strike. Renault haven’t managed to find a proper solution so that’s a continual worry in the back of our minds, as is the rest of the reliability,” he added.
Team principal Christian Horner hopes they will have the new version for Interlagos, while Vettel is confident the team will resolve the issue.
“We have managed the last couple of races pretty well so I’m sure it should be easy to find the problem,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know